MMT®- Sociedade de Administração de Insolvências is a leading firm specialised in insolvency, turnaround and efficiency improvement, based in Lisbon. Our team has over 20 years of experience helping organisations across all sectors to build exceptional financial and regulatory resilience.
The LAWYER will perform all legal activities related to insolvency and recovery proceedings, including contact with courts, creditors, debtors, etc., prepare due diligence in complex insolvency assignments, provide complete reports with evidence of large and complex commercial and accounting investigations, international corporate collapses and other professional negligence, and provide reports of regulatory compliance, all reports that will provide a high level of visibility and importance for MMT financial and operational planning. The successful candidate will be a problem solver who enjoys diving into our databases, is excited about difficult modeling challenges, and possesses strong communication skills to effectively interface between technical and business teams. As a LAWYER on the topline team, you will prepare the development of this department and collaborate directly with economists and statisticians to produce modeling solutions, you will have exposure to senior leadership as we communicate results and provide scientific guidance to the business.
What you'll be doing?
- Deal with all issues of insolvency and recovery of companies;
- Write high-quality reports;
- Contact with courts, creditors, debtors, etc.,
- Prepare due diligence in complex insolvency assignments;
- Provide complete reports with evidence of large and complex commercial and accounting investigations, international corporate collapses and other professional negligence;
- Provide reports of regulatory compliance;
- Assist with other ad hoc projects as assigned from the corporate
What you'll bring to the table?
- Degree in Law;
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills (Portuguese & English) with the ability to effectively advocate technical solutions to research scientists, engineering teams and business audiences;
- Proactive and resourceful with strong problem-solving skills;
- Strong self-starter who takes full responsibility and ownership of the task before them;
- Solid persuasive presentation skills;
- Excellent relationship-building and influence skills;
- Fun, friendly and professional demeanor;
- Personable & trustworthy;
- Passionate about embracing challenges and create innovative solutions;
What's on offer?
We are a well-rounded team that believes that great ideas can come from anywhere whether it be in a talk with friends, a conference room or written on a napkin at the bar. This is an excellent opportunity to join a growing company with a competitive salary and benefits in a truly unique environment. We are focused on the future, we think globally, and we value our people.
Location: Work remotely due to COVID-19.